Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Julia's First Solid Food!

Today Julia turned 8 months old! I decided to wait until now to introduce solids to her since she is allergic to dairy and soy (specifically, the protein in the dairy and soy). I found some organic brown rice cereal without soy in it, and it has been sitting in my cupboard until tonight! It was quite the event!

I warmed up some breast milk and mixed into the rice cereal. I used a soft tipped spoon and matching bib to commemorate the event! I dipped the spoon into the cereal and started closing in- and to my surprise, she grabbed it and shoved it right into her mouth! The look on her face was priceless as she realized there was some icky-gooey stuff on it! Poor thing. Maybe I should have started with something like bananas or sweet potatoes. She was so tired, perhaps she'll like it better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment