Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God's Grace

My name is Jen. I am a new mom, newly wed, and I guess you could say, a young Christian (who is beginning to feel quite old). I have been transformed by God's amazing grace- and could write a novel about my life before and after Christ entered my life.

Lately I am struggling with trying to do too many things in my own strength. I have always been a perfectionist, I guess you could say proud, and am constantly reminded of how weak I am... especially as a sleep deprived, iron deficient, soy and dairy free breastfeeding mom!

Lamentations 3:23 says God's mercies are new every morning. Hence, the name "renewed by day." It is God's grace that holds me up and keeps me going when the going gets tough. Philippians 1:6 says, "He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ." This scripture is so refreshing to me in the busyness of my day to day life. The good news of Christ is that I don't have to DO anything to add to or keep my right standing before God. Jesus has DONE all that on my behalf. So all those times I am feeling overwhelmed and frustrated, and tempted to beat myself up for my bad attitude, I will remember the faithfulness of God, and His mercy demonstrated by Jesus.

It's nice to write to reflect and unwind from the stress of the day. I have much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I found it! LOL. I know exactly what you mean about trying to do things in our own strength. I'm convinced that it's partly our natural control issue. I struggle daily with this very thing! I can't wait to hear more from you! Let me know if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete